Deer hunting is allowed in the Luneack Preserve only, via permit from HeadWaters. We have 10 slots for hunters, all hunters must fill out a hunting application.
All applications need to be filled out completely and accurately and be sent with the signed 2nd sheet of the ‘rules and guidelines’ to qualify to hunt at the Luneack Nature Preserve. Application period: June 1st through July 15th. Applications will be accepted on a first come first serve basis and may be submitted by email or mail. You will be notified by email if your application is accepted after the application period has ended.
Hunting Rules and Guidelines
- HeadWaters Land Conservancy reserves the right to deny or revoke hunting permission at its sole discretion.
- Hunters are responsible for knowing all rules that are specific to the preserve they are hunting.
- Hunters are responsible for remaining within the preserve boundary. The preserve is surrounded by private property and crossing the boundary is considered trespassing.
- Hunters consent to video surveillance while on the premises.
- Hunters must comply with all applicable federal, state, and local hunting laws.
- Hunters must comply with general preserve rules. Camping, dumping, fires, and trimming or removal of vegetation is prohibited. Motorized vehicles are permitted for hunting purposes only and may only be used on existing roads.
- The cutting of shooting lanes, or cutting or destruction of brush, trees or other plants for any purpose is prohibited.
- White-tailed deer hunting is the only permitted hunting on the property.
- No baiting.
- No permanent blinds.
- No trapping.
- No organized deer drives.
- Per Conservation Easement Rules, dogs are not permitted in the preserve.
Safety and Consideration Suggestions
- Be respectful of your fellow hunters.
- Because we are in a bovine TB (tuberculosis) area we recommend that you turn your deer heads into the DNR (Department of Natural Resources) for TB and CWD (Chronic Wasting Disease) testing.
- Trails are not maintained during snow conditions.
- We recommend no vehicles driving between 6am-11am and 3pm-dark as a courtesy to your fellow hunters unless there is an emergency.
- Pack it in pack it out.