Contact our gift planners today about any questions you have or to learn more about how gift and estate planning can benefit you and nature. Your inquiry is always confidential.
Your outright gift of assets is a wonderful way to help us preserve the beauty and livability of our communities. Significant gifts of assets may be given as cash, appreciated securities, real estate, or life insurance policies. Many of these types of gifts offer attractive tax advantages for donors.
Bequests Through Your Will or Trust
How it works
- Include a monetary bequest to HeadWaters Land Conservancy in your will or trust.
- Make your bequest unrestricted or direct it to a specific purpose at HWLC.
- Indicate a specific amount, or a percentage of the balance remaining in your estate or trust.
- Direct a particular asset, such as real estate, securities, or tangible personal property, such as an antique or valuable art object, to HWLC.
- Your assets remain in your control during your lifetime.
- You can modify your bequest to address changing circumstances.
- You can direct your bequest to a particular purpose (be sure to check with us to make sure your gift can be used as intended).
- Under current tax law there is no upper limit on the estate tax deduction for your charitable bequests.
You may wish to consult your attorney or advisor for additional information about the tax benefits of such arrangements which can significantly reduce estate taxes while simultaneously helping us to protect and preserve our parks, farms, rivers, greenways, and historic lands.
To help better serve you please fill out the following questionnaire and a HWLC gift planner will contact you.